• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

changing fluids...need help

djtucci

NAXJA Forum User
i just put my differential cover back on with rtv sealer. my question is...How long do i need to wait to fill it up with gear lube? also after replacing the transmission screen and putting the pan back on after the flush, alldata says i need about 2 quarts added and then add to line on dipstick. is this what you guys have encountered? thanks guys/ gals and keep a jeepin before you go sleepin!!

Normally you let the RTV setup for a while, setup time should be on the tube. I use gaskets instead of RTV whenever possible. The few times I have used it I let it setup for a couple of hours in the sun if possible then install it. I think 30min is the minimum setup time till it skims over and can be installed. Then you can pour in the lube to your hearts content :D
As for the tranny I'd add a quart, check the stick and add as needed, eaiser to add than to over fill and have to remove, remember to prndl the tranny a couple of times after you start it up.

Back