• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

airbag question

JAGx1414

NAXJA Forum User
so i went wheelin yesterday. i have a 98 xj sport few times when i took a few hard bumps my airbag light came on. has any one ever had an airbag go off when wheelin. has anyone disabled their airbag? do yo think i migth want to disable it? i dont want to have it go off when its not really needed.

thanks
-john

You could disable the system easily, just remove power to the module. Of course then your warning light would still come on. I'd rather keep it activated. I've never heard of anyone's bag going off while wheeling, and if it was a hit hard enough to dislodge the sensor, I'd rather hit the bag.. it takes a lot.

The airbag system monitors a lot of components spread across the car. If one of your hard bumps knocked something under the seat it may have opened a connection and triggered the light.

Back