• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

saggy seat fix

ChandlerXJ

NAXJA Forum User
hey, my seat in my 97 xj just isnt as firm as the passengers seat... is there anything i can do to make my butt sit as firm as it does on the passengers side? the seat isnt that worn at all, but i've heard of people adding springs or something... let me know

Some welds broke in my 98, took it to an auto upholstery shop, they pulled it, stripped it, rewelded and welded in some gussets plus fixed a couple of other bad welds then repacked it with newer foam, put the cover back on and put it back in. Best $50 I ever spent....

RichP said:
Some welds broke in my 98, took it to an auto upholstery shop, they pulled it, stripped it, rewelded and welded in some gussets plus fixed a couple of other bad welds then repacked it with newer foam, put the cover back on and put it back in. Best $50 I ever spent....

Mine did the same thing. Broken welds. Had it fixed two times before I said to heck w/ it and just sprung for the Corbeua's. But it really depends on wheter you want to spend that much money on them. Just another idea...

Ray

Back