• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door Removing, with out cutting?

you could just drive out the pin but it is a real pain in the bag. but it is possible. soak it with some weasel piss for a day or two.

yes you can, and i wish i would have. dont plan on the doors lining up to well if you cut the hinge. its a pain to get them lined up afterwards

I didn't have too bad of a time getting the doors to line up again. Once you get them lined up, you won't have to do it again. I think it would be easier to "hang" the doors each time you put them on, then to have to line the hinge holes up and put the bolt back thru them.

Daryl

I drilled my pins out, and then used 4mm allen keyes as pins. They were very easy to get in and out, and they would never slip through since they were an L shape.

Todd

trekfuel80 said:
When you had the door on, with the 4mm allen keys, did the door still seal out rain?

You bet, and everything else, wind etc. You had to kinda move the door up and down/ side to side to get the keys in, they were a perfect fit, so they felt just like the pins did.

NHxj4x4 said:
I drilled my pins out, and then used 4mm allen keyes as pins. They were very easy to get in and out, and they would never slip through since they were an L shape.

Todd

Anyway you can post a picture of that? I think I get it, but want to see if it's what I see in my head.

Curt

Back