• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 inch cheapo lift

JoesXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 94 4dr, auto and want to put on a 2 inch lift using RE 2" spacers and an RE 2.5" add-a-leaf...do I need to upgrade shocks or will stock work? I want to get this on 30 or 31's and get it off the ground a little bit so I can run of some easy trails. Anything else I need to get other than spacers and add-a-leaf?? Anything else to worry about? Thanks - Joe

joe_boatwright said:
I have a 94 4dr, auto and want to put on a 2 inch lift using RE 2" spacers and an RE 2.5" add-a-leaf...do I need to upgrade shocks or will stock work? I want to get this on 30 or 31's and get it off the ground a little bit so I can run of some easy trails. Anything else I need to get other than spacers and add-a-leaf?? Anything else to worry about? Thanks - Joe

You can get away with stock shocks. They will limit your travel before you have to worry about brake lines and such.

Rancho lists the same shocks for 0 through 3" of lift.

Sawsall.........
I got a '99 with a Daystar 2" bb (spacers & greaseable shackles) and 31's ....... Rubs lower c-arms and grab the lower wheelwell openings.

30's were great with no lift.
pics without BB are here..........(page 11. tried to post ';em... came out to small.. click on pic)
http://photobucket.com/albums/v455/drifto77/

with BB & 31's
100_2001.jpg

100_2000.jpg

100_2002.jpg

Eagle...
Never knew that about the shocks, guess i dont have to worry about new shocks now. ;)

Last edited:
I'm running 3" spacers up front and a 1.5" shackle out back with 30s and stock shocks. The tires fit great, they hit the fender a little when flexing or hitting a BIG bump off-road but otherwise they're good. My personal preference would be to get shackles instead of AAL since shackles can be re-used. But I don't see any problems with your plans.

Be careful how high you raise the rear shock mounts if you're only lifting 2" in the rear. Mine's only lifted 2" inches, and I relocated my shock mounts to right at the "bottom" of the axle tube, and the DT0 shocks that came with my RE 2" lift would bottom out if I hit a decent size bump in the road... I put the stock rear shocks back on and didn't have a problem until I went wheeling the first time.. :p

Just measure carefully... don't raise those mounts up any higher than your actual lift height and you should be fine. :)

Back