• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Canadian with new american XJ - dumb question about lights

tchase

NAXJA Forum User
So the herd multiplied again yesterday while I was at work. The latest is a '91 2dr Sport, 4.0, AW4, 231 on 31's. I'll post up some pics tommorrow. Overall it's pretty nice but I'm pretty sure there's a wiring problem with the lights (something I'd like to address quickly after last months fire in the '89). It's an american model and I know there are some differences in canadian DRL legislation and such but are all the park lights and dash lights supposed to turn on when you start the vehicle and depress the brake to shift from park? My other '91 certianly didn't do this but my headlights did have a timed-off feature that this one doesn't seem to have. I'm a correct assuming somethings wrong here?
One thing that is very wrong is that silly 85mph speedo, my other one goes to a more reasonable 110 I think.

tchase said:
...are all the park lights and dash lights supposed to turn on when you start the vehicle and depress the brake to shift from park?
No.

Is your brake pedal grounding any wires when it's depressed? I'd certainly check for that.

No, the American models do not have automatic lights. Something's amiss.

Back