• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bushwacker pocket flares?

indianaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
what's up all,anybody else here from indiana?

anyway the question; have any of you tried the new bushwacker pocket flares, like they have in the (4 wheel drive hardware) catalog. do you think they could be made to fit a 97+ body?

thanks for the input

new??:sure:

Can you find a link to a photo somewhere? I'll give this the benefit of the doubt, but they aren't on the bushwacker website, so I'm unsure as to their existence. If you are talking about the cutout flares like those below, the topics have been done and done on this site. You'll find tons by searching for bushwacker...

2 door:
CT89JeepCherokee2D_10912.jpg

4 door:
CT89JeepCherokeeXJ4D_10911.jpg

no, I couldn't find a pic. and yes I know what cutouts are. These are listed as " pocket flares" not "cutouts". I couldn't find anywhere on the net either but they are in the paper catalog. You can find them listed for a tj or yj on the net though. Hopefully there's a new flare in town, but I am not shure either, that's why I started the thread.

They are not listed for 97+ XJ's because of the rear bumper caps needing to be removed or modified, however, they fit just fine on 97+ XJ's, you just need to do something else with the rear bumper caps. I had them on my 97. I personally did not care for them, but are good for those that are required by law to have fender flares.

indianaXJ said:
no, I couldn't find a pic. and yes I know what cutouts are. These are listed as " pocket flares" not "cutouts". I couldn't find anywhere on the net either but they are in the paper catalog. You can find them listed for a tj or yj on the net though. Hopefully there's a new flare in town, but I am not shure either, that's why I started the thread.
Note that in the photos above, they are called 'cutout flares' but they clearly are also pocket flares. Other companies, websites, etc., have historically referred to them incorrectly as 'pocket flares' that is why i put up those pics. I would be surprised if a totally new product was shown to the public for the first time in that mag rather than on the company's own website. I guess I'm trying to say, they are probably the same thing...

I had them on mine too. But waste of money if the cops dont make you put them on. (My flares for sale!)

beej:

thanks for the input man. after rereading the ad I am afraid you are right. they make it sound like they had been redesigned to allow more finder triming, and the ad says new in it but I think the only thing new is the logo and a new marketing/sales campaign, they do look like regular cutouts. sorry to get everyone worked up over nothing.

indianaXJ said:
beej:

thanks for the input man. after rereading the ad I am afraid you are right. they make it sound like they had been redesigned to allow more finder triming, and the ad says new in it but I think the only thing new is the logo and a new marketing/sales campaign, they do look like regular cutouts. sorry to get everyone worked up over nothing.

Believe I saw them in either a quadratec or 4wd mag, recently. There is a difference in appearance, but I don't think there is much difference in how much you can trim. There is also not much difference in price. Regular ones are 399 the new ones are 379. Check the websites for those two catalogs and you'll find them.

Curt

Just trim the rear end caps back a bit. I also trimmed the door moldings down to the proper size to allow room for the Bushsmacker flares.

dsc00220s.jpg

Back