• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Start

ken johnson

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys
my 89 4.0 xj will not start. can the brake light switch or the cruise control have any effect on no start. I have had alot of trouble recently with these 2 components. replaced cps today. have pressure at fuel rail. no start

I removed my cruise control box and wiring harness and my rig still runs so thats not your problem.

Need more info.... Does it turn over? Are the gauges active when the ignition is on?

it does turn over and all guages seem normal. I have noticed the fuel pump seems to not prime as long when I try to start the engine several times in a row. thanks

check to see if you have spark at coil wire if so spray some throttle body claener into throttle body to see if it starts. this will tell you if its fuel or spark. fuel pump only primes the fuel rail. it doesn't run unless it's running or you are cranking. badge714 [email protected]

Back