• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Netting 4.75 inches of lift

HeavyMetal

NAXJA Forum User
ok so, i have the rustys add a leaf on the xj and id like to replace that with a full leaf pack in the rear and some coil spacers up front, seems to be a popular setup. so, i was thinking about the RE 3.5 springs for the back because i hear they net you way over 3.5, most likely close to 4.5 or so, so with the 3" coils and 1.75 spacers up front, id liek to make sure this all levels out in the end, i am afraid of going for RE's 4.5 springs for the rear cuz it seems they would just be overkill considering how i hear the 3.5" ones sit, can anyone gimme some info here on whether what i think/wanna do is correct? thanks

presonally i would go with the 4.5 spring packs if i could efford it because if you wheel it and load it it will settle.

thats all i have to say about that.

HeavyMetal said:
ok so, i have the rustys add a leaf on the xj and id like to replace that with a full leaf pack in the rear and some coil spacers up front, seems to be a popular setup. so, i was thinking about the RE 3.5 springs for the back because i hear they net you way over 3.5, most likely close to 4.5 or so, so with the 3" coils and 1.75 spacers up front, id liek to make sure this all levels out in the end, i am afraid of going for RE's 4.5 springs for the rear cuz it seems they would just be overkill considering how i hear the 3.5" ones sit, can anyone gimme some info here on whether what i think/wanna do is correct? thanks

as far as leveling out the jeep youi will never know until ya lift it
aftermarket goodie like bumpers skid plates and how much wieght youi carry in the back will all factor in

and I would add in some new shackles to your list

i have 1 year old 3.5 inch packs and they are settled at ~ 4.. dont count on them coming out over 4 or 4.5. I would just get RE 3.5 packs and then if need be put on a longer shackle if they dont net more than 4.

HeavyMetal said:
so with the 3" coils and 1.75 spacers up front, id liek to make sure this all levels out in the end.....

as you've probably noticed, NO spring is exactly the advertized heigth. What no one has mentioned is even your +3 coils are propably not exactly 3 inches over stock. start with the 3.5, let it settle with sand bags in the back for a couple months and then shackle it up to a fraction higher than the front as shackles add stress to the leafs and cause a little more settlage.

-r0

4.5" RE coils and 3.5" RE leafs (well abused for over a full year and broken in now with a stock shackle) have my daily driver at 5" and 5.5" front and rear respectively.... dont use a spacer as a way to gain height if you dont have to.. a spacer shuold be used to offest heavy accessories.. as stated the coils are all the same price so get the taller one.

WobblesXJ said:
RE 3.5" springs and 4.5" springs are the same price, I'd go with the 4.5" springs that way you have room to grow even more later.

I agree, for the same price get the 4.5s. Then when you decide to go bigger it's no big deal to just add shackles or blocks to them. Good luck!

Curt

Back