• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ 4 cylinder Blow By

Burley

NAXJA Forum User
I'm real familiar with the I6 blow by, but this little four banger is new to me. Are the solutions/causes the sane as in the I6? I've got oil in the air filter and the throttle body is really gooped up.

Thanks guys!

Burley

Burley said:
I'm real familiar with the I6 blow by, but this little four banger is new to me. Are the solutions/causes the sane as in the I6? I've got oil in the air filter and the throttle body is really gooped up.

Thanks guys!

Burley
Pretty much. Clean the CCV lines, and it usually goes bye bye.

Storydude said:
Pretty much. Clean the CCV lines, and it usually goes bye bye.

You mean the vacuum lines? I thought it was just a case of cleaning the throttle body and making sure the grommets on the valve cover were clear?

That's what I meant. the front line goes to the Airbox(IIRC) and the rear line goes to the Lower fitting on the TB.

I'm ditching the entire system(no visual underhood in NY...Yet) and going with a Catch can, and a filter. I replaced all those plastic crappy lines with REAL vacuum lines. Cleans up the compartment GREATLY, and I have peace of mind now.

almost ALL of those plastic lines were cracked, or leaking. All you need is about 7 feet of Vacuum line, and you can gut that black plastic block next to the TB.

Back