• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB Wiring Question

FitchVA

NAXJA Forum User
Quick question...

I'm going to wire up my ARB lockers (front, rear, and pump). But I'm not going to use the ARB switches (maybe). I was looking at the wiring diagram they have and had a question,

They want you to wire the rear locker through your pump switch and your front locker through your rear locker. Meaning, that your rear locker can only switch on after the pump is on and your front locker can only switch on after your rear is on.

Will it hurt anything if I just wire them stand-alone. Meaning that they don't have to rely on each other to activate?

(or just correct me if i'm totally blowing the interpritation)

Thanks.

FitchVA said:
Will it hurt anything if I just wire them stand-alone. Meaning that they don't have to rely on each other to activate?
No.
The only thing would be to wire them into the compressor switch so they will only activate if it's on.

anyone happen to have a wiring diagram for those? if not anyone know were i can get one?

BrettM said:
I have mine (front only) on a pneumatic switch, I think this is the best way to go.
I'll 2nd that. TJ that I just finished up used one and it's so much simpler, less BS to possibly go wrong. You basically have air source, air line, the switch and that's it. No solenoids, no wiring. The chance of that switch failing is highly unlikely compared to ARB's setup where one of the switches could go, the solenoids, wiring....

Back