• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

URGENT!!! Radiator for 99 fit a 96?

Bolognablake

NAXJA Forum User
I have a trip tommorow, but my jeep's overheating pretty bad right now. I've replaced everything except for the radiator. I'm doing that tonight. I have a radiator for a 99 4.0 w/auto, will that fit in my 96 4.0 w/ 5-speed? It looks the same, except for the tranny line connectors, and there are some threaded studs on top that don't match up to anything. Are there any major diffrences? Help!

Bolognablake said:
I have a trip tommorow, but my jeep's overheating pretty bad right now. I've replaced everything except for the radiator. I'm doing that tonight. I have a radiator for a 99 4.0 w/auto, will that fit in my 96 4.0 w/ 5-speed? It looks the same, except for the tranny line connectors, and there are some threaded studs on top that don't match up to anything. Are there any major diffrences? Help!

as far as i know it should be the same.. i did a lil research on this when i upgraded my 90 XJ to a 96 radiator and got rid of the closed system... are the threaded studs on top like a pair on each side of the radiator (2 on each side) ? those are to mount a rubber block that has a single stud on the top that sticks thru your upper support. re-use the blocks from the top AND bottom of your existing rad and you should be all set..

Back