• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AA SYE help

frsno jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a "newer" 231 and the input spline count is a no go.It has a SYE on it and i took it out with the intent to put it in my "older" t-case.
The stop ring and synchro hub are a little bit different and i need some help as to which one i should put together.
Any one care to help me out?I have pictures on request.

Last edited:
swap input gears...

frsno jeeper said:
I bought a "newer" 231 and the input spline count is a no go.It has a SYE on it and i took it out with the intent to put it in my "older" t-case.
The stop ring and synchro hub are a little bit different and i need some help as to which one i should put together.

From what Im reading you have an early style t-case, and picked up the late style with a AA SYE...

The newer case should have the hub with no synchro ring and the old case you have has the synchro ring. On the old style gear with synchro ring all you have to do is remove the needle bearings from the inside of the gear... that will ride on the shaft itself...
OR....
Just use the newer synchro hub with the AA shaft and the front output shaft of the newer t-case into your older t-case and call it done... Use the newer style shift forks as well, but look real good at the low range fork for any wear.... I hope this helps..

Scott.

frsno jeeper said:

You got screwed man! Who ever sold you that junk should be shot! :D

Back