• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another speedo gear question..

MojaveDXJ

NAXJA Member #756
I've just re-geared my 87 XJ to 4.56 and have determined my speedo gear replacement. I've found several references to my new gear on sites such as gojeep and others. My problem is the dealer doesn't recognize the part number J3212740. Does anyone know of a more current part number?
Thanks for any replies.

last time i had to get a gear i think i got it from a ramcharger just look for the tooth count from a different model should work out

Try this #
or

The buggers changed them and I have had a hard time finding out all the new ones!

Rawbrown said:
Try this #
or

Well I took my stock 34 tooth gear down to the dealer where I purchased my 31 tooth gear a year ago. They said the 52068062 gear would be the correct 40 tooth replacement, but that it's been discontinued :mad:
Any advise on where to go now? I guess I could overlay a printout over my speedo gage :lecture:
Thanks for the comments

They said it was canclled? I got my 40 like 1 or 2 months ago at most. All I did with my dealer was call them up tell them I wanted the 40 tooth speedo gear and they ordered it up.

try the 2538940 #
or you can get a 52067640 and press the shaft out of it then press it into the new gear...

Back