• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake Squeal

jdraylob2002

NAXJA Forum User
How well does this Anti-Squeal compound work?

I just replaced pads and rotors on my 2000 and the intermitten squeal is driving me crazy.

At first i thought larger shims might help, but they haven't solved the problem. I'm guessing my next step is this Anti-Squeal? Just curious how well it works and how often you may have to apply it. Also.. are there some manufacturers of pads that tend to squeal less than others? I put bendix pads on.

You should have put it on the back of the pads before you even put them in.

Put a ceramic brake pad on it. Every parts store has them. They don't squeek and alot less brake dust than the semi metallic pad. Plus not as hard on your rotors either.

comancheon33 said:
Put a ceramic brake pad on it. Every parts store has them. They don't squeek and alot less brake dust than the semi metallic pad. Plus not as hard on your rotors either.

The low-squeek/dust factors are true. However, if you don't have good (read: expensive) rotors, then ceramic pads will chew 'em up faster than organics or semi-metallics will.

CRC makes a product called "Disc brake quiet" that works pretty well. You take your pads out of the caliper, smear the stuff on the back of the pads where they contact the piston/caliper, let it set up a little bit, then carefully put the pads back in without scraping the goop off. It worked to keep my old semi-met. pads quiet.

HTH

Edit: heres the stuff I was talking about: http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?categorycode=3223&mfrcode=CRC&mfrpartnumber=05016

Back