• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do you buy your Tires Local or Online?

Citat3962

NAXJA Forum User
So where do you shop for your tires? Local stores or Online?

I've got a chance at a good D30 and D35 for spare axles along with a set of spare stock wheels in a design I like and some worn down 33" Thornbirds..

I know thornbirds are basicly crap but I can get the whole schmear for a little over 100$..

I plan to use these just to get the bumpstops right and the fenders trimmed before I dump coin on some new 32-33" in a good brand of tire for my trail tires. I'm sure I'll get the lift on and the 33s on and go wheeling once before I want to get new tires.

A 32 or so for the reduced weight and gearing...

I'd like to know how to get the most out of my $$$ Before I decide I hate them... so anywhere you can get good deals on tires.. let me know :)

4wheelparts.com Fortunatley for me their's one here in Atlanta. So I don't have to pay shipping or anything. With the shipping cost it about even's out everywhere else I looked. Check these guys out though mabey they'll work for you.

I don't have any big tire shops or 4X4 shop local. I bought from National Wheel and Tire.
I bought 33 10.50 TSL radial and saved $100.

The guy at the local shop laughed at me when I asked him what all I got for $700. And then replied, "The tires. Mounting and Balancing is extra." The internet order was $608 to my door.

i just got 4 33 10.5 BFG mudterrains mounted balanced/ ROAD HAZARD / for 711$ at BG's
i was going to get them from national but for the extra $ BG's road hazard is worth it to me. if i slash one i take it in . and i get a new tahr.

hi tech re-treads.

have had 3 sets of them for over 150 000 miles only 1 flat tire...after running over sharp piece of steel.

five 31" tires cost me $296.00 plus 20 bucks to have them mounted.

nuff said

For new tires I buy locally from an independent shop. I'd rather support locals than big chains. As previously posted, I have also had good luck finding used tires in good condition taken off Wranglers when the owners went bigger. For example, a couple or three years ago I got a set of five 30x9.50R15s with about 50% tread remaining -- on factory alloy rims -- for $145.

I purchased a set of 33" swampers (which are not available locally) from Light Line of Louisiana online. I don't remember the cost offhand, but they were reasonable and came to my place of work via UPS. Worked out fine. I did have to get them mounted though. I purchased my last set of tires that I plan to use on the road from Sears with a road hazzard warranty. Either way can work fine. Jeff

Eagle said:
For new tires I buy locally from an independent shop. I'd rather support locals than big chains. As previously posted, I have also had good luck finding used tires in good condition taken off Wranglers when the owners went bigger. For example, a couple or three years ago I got a set of five 30x9.50R15s with about 50% tread remaining -- on factory alloy rims -- for $145.
While supporting local independent shops is a good thing and I try to to that as often as I can, there is a risk there of sorts: what do you do about the tire warranty? I'm not talking about the regular warranty which is honored by all dealers of a particular tire, I'm talking about road hazard. So far on this set, I had 2 tires swapped out for free (under the road hazard warranty). I know that some small and independent shops offer road hazard too, but the big question is: what do you do when you're far from home on a trail and there is no Joe's tires around? Do you spend big $ to get a new tire and then warranty the pieces of the other one when you get home?
Anyways, what I'm getting at is that for new tires, bigger chains are the more practical way to go.

I bought 31x10.5xR15 Dick Cepek FC-2's on black cragar soft 8's (15x8) with cragar center caps and a new set of lugs from Summit. They were mounted, balanced, and to my door the next day for $705. The closest place I found for JUST THE TIRES was discount tire at $710. With summit if you find parts advertised cheaper somewhere else,just tell them and they will beat it. They seemed to be balanced well and drive great. I will buy my next tires this way and would recommend others to do the same. I asked the guy at Belle Tire if he could match the deal, and he straight-up said NO.

Back