• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brake problem

W

WilliesTJ

i kno this is the mod forum but i need some help on a brake problem. front right brake was smoking real bad. vehicle kept pulling hard to the left. can anyone tell me what could cause that? the only thing i can think of is the pins are sticking. dont have time to tear into it til the wknd. thanx :confused:

Your caliper is sticking. Don't drive it that way! I've had it happen twice now on my left side. Along with the caliper you will need to replace the pads. They've probably been ruined by the heat. Also not a bad idea to replace/fluch the brake fluid due to boiling it.

Time for a complete front brake rebuild..a caliper piston usually sticks because of debris..either loose inside the caliper bore because of rust/corrosion...or by getting thru the dust seal. replace both calipers, turn the rotors and get some good metallic pads...and be sure to throuroughly bleed the system to get rid of any contaminated brake fluid.

thanx, it just started today, was freakin out. i figured it would reqiure a complete rebuild. crappy part is i just replaced the rotors and pads a few months ago.

Back