• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fitting MT to engine

skierbri10

NAXJA Forum User
What a pain in the arse this was. Some of you say it takes you a few hours to complete a clutch job. Either you are super mechs. or bs'ing, lol. Anyway, I am not really a new member but I haven't been on this board for a few years for whatever reason. I couldn't remember my old user name so here I am as skierbri10. Thanks to everyone for good advice. Brian

It is pretty easy - if you have a transmission jack and a good alignment pilot. I got my tranny jack from HF (about $50 - money well spent!) and got a broken Borg T10 input shaft for an alignment tool (those damn plastic ones tend to bend...)

I'll be changing a transmission this week-end with a little luck - I'm planning to do it all on Sunday after I get back from CRASH's place.

Welcome back! Don't be a stranger anymore - we've already got Rags pulling that little trick...

5-90

5-90 said:
...and got a broken Borg T10 input shaft for an alignment tool (those damn plastic ones tend to bend...)

I agree on the plastic ones. I invested in a set of wooden ones about 12 years ago and could not be happier. Maybe 7 of them that have fit every application I have come up on, from F350's to little import econo-box's. There are some nice universal/adjustable metal ones available too, two shafts and 8 ends or something.

Back