• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to find MJ specs?

Maz

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all;

I have done the search here there everywhere but I can't find specs for the Commanche. Anybody know the specs, or where to find the specs for the Comanche? Probably right under my nose and I can't see it. Things like engine/tranny combos offered by year, bed sizes for LWB and SWB, any other offerings different than XJ, like auto shift column? What is Eliminator package?

All I have found is:
Production run: 1985-1992
SWB 113", LWB 119.9"
AW4 offered in 91-92

Not even sure if these are correct.

TIA ... Maz

Maz said:
Hello all;

I have done the search here there everywhere but I can't find specs for the Commanche. Anybody know the specs, or where to find the specs for the Comanche? Probably right under my nose and I can't see it. Things like engine/tranny combos offered by year, bed sizes for LWB and SWB, any other offerings different than XJ, like auto shift column? What is Eliminator package?

All I have found is:
Production run: 1985-1992
SWB 113", LWB 119.9"
AW4 offered in 91-92

Not even sure if these are correct.

TIA ... Maz

Ask the experts... there are a few floating around such as Eagle, PeteM or myself. Also look for the Yahoo Comanche group. www.comancheclub.com has a link.

Both the 4.0 liter and the AW4 were offered from '87 on, just like in the XJ. Actually all the drivetrain combos were identical to XJ offerings. '86 was the first model year, longbed only. Column shifters were common in the autos. Short bed is 5.5' longbed is 7.5'. The Eliminator package was a street-oriented option package including bucket seats, full gauges, full center console, aluminum rims, special stickers and initially only available in 2wd.

Last edited:
Lawn Cher' said:
Ask the experts... there are a few floating around such as Eagle, PeteM or myself. Also look for the Yahoo Comanche group. www.comancheclub.com has a link.

Both the 4.0 liter and the AW4 were offered from '87 on, just like in the XJ. Actually all the drivetrain combos were identical to XJ offerings. '86 was the first model year, longbed only. Column shifters were common in the autos. Short bed is 5.5' longbed is 7.5'. The Eliminator package was a street-oriented option package including bucket seats, full gauges, full center console, aluminum rims, special stickers and initially only available in 2wd.

Lawn Cher';

Mega thanks. You answered most of my Q's. I already joined the Yahoo group and will lurk in the files section. Thanks for the link, also.

Was '92 the last year? If so, was the 4.0 the H.O. version (non Renix) with open cooling?

-Maz

Maz said:
Lawn Cher';

Mega thanks. You answered most of my Q's. I already joined the Yahoo group and will lurk in the files section. Thanks for the link, also.

Was '92 the last year? If so, was the 4.0 the H.O. version (non Renix) with open cooling?

-Maz

Like he said Identical to the xj

Maz said:
Lawn Cher';

-Maz

Yes, it changed the same as the XJ in '91.

BrettM said:
almost ;) AMC 20 as the HD axle in some MJs
1986 only. From 1987 through 1992 the optional heavy-duty axle was a Dana 44. And in 1986 you could find the AMC 20 axle under anything. 2 miles from home there's a gas station with an '86 4-cylinder they use for plowing the lot -- with an AMC 20 axle under it.

Eagle said:
1986 only. From 1987 through 1992 the optional heavy-duty axle was a Dana 44. And in 1986 you could find the AMC 20 axle under anything. 2 miles from home there's a gas station with an '86 4-cylinder they use for plowing the lot -- with an AMC 20 axle under it.

Are they still asking a rediculous amount for that truck?

Back