• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

100so ft 45mil & 60 sq ft 75 mil R-Blox installed.....PICTS!!!

jammerjamesharmon

NAXJA Forum User
Here is proof I really love my XJ. This is one heck of a lot of work. This is at the end of day two. When I get it back to gather, I’ll give a report………..

XJDynomat09.jpg

XJDynomat08.jpg

XJDynomat07.jpg

XJDynomat06.jpg

XJDynomat05.jpg

XJDynomat04.jpg

XJDynomat03.jpg

XJDynomat02.jpg

XJDynomat01.jpg

Microwave-safe XJ.

Good job.

You must really be sensitive to road noise... or you have one ridiculous system planned. If the former, you should have just bought a cadillac. If the latter, you should have just bought a cadillac.

Just curious, is that stuff to hide the rust inside ? :D On a serious note, how is moisture going to get out from between that stuff and the body itself ?
Back in the 70's that was a big issue with van customizers, you had to really seal it well and do it on an extremely dry day and it could all be for naught if you missed an opening or there was a path for moisture to migrate behind it.
Otherwise it looks like it took alot of work. Will it be quiet enough that you won't hear that butt puckering 'crunching' sound as your rockers come down on a rock :D :D :D

I'm not going to whine about my OCD again. I must be cured!

Tim

Yeah whats that shit for? Hope your Jeep don't leak!!!

Just a quick tip: the tinfoil blocks the CIA's mind control satellites best when completely filled with potato salad.

Seriously, though... What the hell is that meant to be in aid of?

Don't mind these guys - some of us are very interested in the results!

r@m

Root Moose said:
Don't mind these guys - some of us are very interested in the results!

r@m
really?

i would be curious to see what you have planned for it, although that seems liek a lot of work to get rid of noise. its a jeep, they just do that

Dr. Jones said:
XJDynomat08.jpg

I personally think it's cool what you're doing, just had one question. What are the fans for?

To help keep what ever electronic devices he has under his rear seat cool!

I think you are doing a great thing!!
When I first got my XJ I built a SPL vehicle out of it.
I put in 300sf of RAAMAT ( sound dampening material) similiar to what you used. 150sf of 1/4" closed cell padding
60sf of INSULPAD ( 1/2" wool with foil backing)
20 cans of Expanding Foam ( every cavity between the outer & inner sides)
10 cans of Rubberized Undercoating
10 cans of truck bed liner

OVERKILL, NO SUCH THING!

i bet your license plate is still going to rattle. :wave:

hell my hatch rattles just driving down the street...and it annoys the crap out of me ever since i took out the 18" treo(which can be found in the for sale forum) and can hear it now.

Kernel said:
i bet your license plate is still going to rattle. :wave:
You mean his or mine?
All he has to do is put some of that R-Blox on the back of the plate &
he can also apply a piece of carpet padding to it as well.

I don't have a SPL system in it anymore,but when I did the tag never
rattled.Even when my windshield was flexing out 1".

I just did this in my jeep, but i used Peel and Seal from lowes. Same stuff but only a dollar per square foot vs 3 for your stuff. I haven't put my carpet back in to see if it made a difference. It did lower the heat level coming from the trans tunnel though.
Alan

Back