• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEED HELP jeep broke need for work tomorrow

deathwobblezj

NAXJA Forum User
so i pull up to my driveway, and shift into reverse, but something is wrong, i smell coolant and turn to the front and see smoke... the cap to my radiator resivoir is gone, well its sitting on the cover to the relay center.

alot of stuff is wet, i just changed my plugs and airfilter earlier

but now she wont start, gets almost there, and wont turn over, it coughs a few times, but must not be on all cylinders...

plug wires got wet as well at the distro cap, pulled the cap off and it was dry, but the outside was wet (on top)

should i get new plug wires and a cap and rotor tomorrow morning? or is there something else i can do

i need to be at work at 7am

yea, so hello friendly community of jeeps help me :kissyou:
:paperwork :paperwork :paperwork

not sure what caused the cap to blow like that. let the distributor dry. or take a hair dryer to it. pull the plug wires off one by one and wipe them dry on the inside.

WD-40 is your friend now.

Spray EVERY CONNECTOR, Fuse block, and every wire you can see.

That will get rid of the water problem.

Now, did you overheat it?

yea, i think ill try the WD
i have the dummy cluster, but bought a gauge cluster havent put it in yet, not sure what else im gonna have to do to get all that working yet... :slap:

but i let it sit for a while and it started, so im gonna get more coolant on my way to work, and possibly a new cap and rotor after i check the money supply out.

thanks for all the help

Yo man, if you take the temp gauge all the way over it wont wtart untill it cools down some. find out why its overheating (stock radiator?) and you;ll be home free. Keep an eye on the temp gauge and you'll be ok. P M me with any questions I am a certified expert on jeep cooling problems. Good Luck, DIRT

Back