• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock 44?

theprophet

NAXJA Forum User
hey whats up brosephs i just picked up a 99' cherokee and i was about to order a lokrite for the C8.25 but figured that a fart smeller would go look to see what he has first and then order it, so after some inspection i think that the rear axle is a 44. it has the off road package from jeep with the tcase and gas tank skid plates. To the bottom sides of the diff cover it sure looks like its stamped with 2 letters and then 44. Is there another way to be sure what axle i have, cause a locker is knockin on the door. O ya and anyone know what the gear ratio is in the off road package cherokees. thanks everyone im theprophet you stay classy naxja!

doubt youre gonna find a lockright for the 8.25. the only lockers available for it are the detroit and the powertrax no slip. if its a 99, its probably a 29 spline 8.25 rear. i doubt its a 44. if its an auto its more than likely got 3.55 gears.

Back