• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hesco question

offroadxj07

NAXJA Forum User
I have a major problem with my engine it seems... i am unsure what it is yet.... but I have a hesco 4.7L and I was wondering since I only have around 20k on the engine if hesco would pay for a new kit>?

*confused* did you do the 4.7 conversion? Hesco? Other?, cause unless Hesco did it themelves, then I doubt they would.

offroadxj07 said:
I bought the kit from hesco but a local shop did the install
Then Hesco will most likely NOT warranty it. Check with the builder.

After 20,000 miles -- and the build and install were done by others -- you expect Hesco to provide new internals?

I think you need to lay off the mind-altering substances for awhile. Your judgment has been adversely affected.

ya i just wasnt sure... i wanted to make sure just incase.... it may not even be the engine... I talked to a friend who works at jeep and he was thinking it was my fuel pump that went out but I can hear something from the engine when I go about 30 that sounds like a bike with a poker card in the back wheel.... but when i start it up it has really hard idle and I can smell a gas coming from the exhaust.... and the whole engine shakes pretty violently... it may not have to even do with the actual engine but i was just thinking just incase... hopefully I get it all fixed tommarow and its nothing to bad but who knows

As Eagle said, Hesco can't be held liable if you only bought the stroker kit from them while you had a local shop do the engine build-up. That applies even if the engine's done only 20 miles, never mind 20k.
In any case it sounds like your problem is fuel delivery related, not engine related. The combination of gas coming from the exhaust with a shaking engine suggests that the engine is being flooded with too much fuel. The possibilities are bad fuel pressure regulator (check fuel pressure at injector rail) or injectors that are stuck open.

Dr. Dyno said:
As Eagle said, Hesco can't be held liable if you only bought the stroker kit from them while you had a local shop do the engine build-up. That applies even if the engine's done only 20 miles, never mind 20k.
In any case it sounds like your problem is fuel delivery related, not engine related. The combination of gas coming from the exhaust with a shaking engine suggests that the engine is being flooded with too much fuel. The possibilities are bad fuel pressure regulator (check fuel pressure at injector rail) or injectors that are stuck open.

well thats good news if its not with the engine... i was amazed anything happened because i wasnt even driving it hard at all... just turned into a movie and started up... but thanks for the help I hope everything works out.... and I dont spend what little money I have

Back