• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

external clutch slave options

wascobi

NAXJA Forum User
going for the external slave swap on my '90. I dont want to use the one-piece non-bleedable factory unit. I've got a howe racing m/c set up like old man did. now I need to find a slave that is bleedable and will bolt in. I called AA and the toyota landcruiser unit they use fits their custom bellhousing only and not a stock one. I plan on using a pre made piece of stainless braided line to connect the two. that way it can be routed away from the exhaust (and look cool too ). anyone have any luck finding something like this? thanks.

wascobi said:
going for the external slave swap on my '90. I dont want to use the one-piece non-bleedable factory unit. I've got a howe racing m/c set up like old man did. now I need to find a slave that is bleedable and will bolt in. I called AA and the toyota landcruiser unit they use fits their custom bellhousing only and not a stock one. I plan on using a pre made piece of stainless braided line to connect the two. that way it can be routed away from the exhaust (and look cool too ). anyone have any luck finding something like this? thanks.
Not sure, but the AX4 in 1984-86 Era used an external slave, with a regular fitting on it. Not knowing what bellhousing you are using, I cannot say it'll fit.

Back