• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

good idea or not?

xtrememtbiker85

NAXJA Forum User
i work at a chevy dealership and i am planning on finding a better job. before i quit i want to get soem major parts that are price but tha ti can still get my vip discount at the local sanel or advanced auto parts store. i want to get hub bearing assemblies, ball joints na da few other parts. ic an get both hubs for $100 and i ahve to check on the ball joint prices. i figure get them for the right price and hang on to them till i get a chance to put them in. how hard is it to install ball joints?

any other parts i should consider getting? i dont have alot of cash but i will purchase a little at a time.
thanks

ps my rig it lifted 3"s with light mods.

don't get ball joints or electrical parts at Advance.....you'll be sorry. changing ball joints isn't real bad if you have the press tool. if not, a torch, bucket of ice and BFH will work, but it's not really reccomended.
yours is a 94'. so get TPS and CPS sensors, front axle ujoints, end links for the track bar linkage.

this stuff is actually for my new 95. i have the endlinks already ready for a quick disco setup from re. i replaced all the u joints and seals on my 94 front end so i know how to do that. i do ahve other sources for the ball joints etc that i can try.

thanks

xuv-this said:
end links for the track bar linkage.
???????

The track bar is one piece. One end bolts directly to a bracket welded onto the axle, the upper end bolts into a bracket bolted to the frame. There are no "end links."

before you go buying parts from napa or autozone check out jawsgear.com they have awsome prices on everything just give them a call and see if they have the parts u need (they don't list everything they have in stock on there web site.) i was ammased to find napa was asking like $30 for an upper ball joint and jaws gear wanted $30 for upper and lower and they were spicer ball joints not the curmmy napa brand.:puke:

thanks i will check it out. i was wondering about that trac bar joint myself. i have teh complete rustys adj. trac bar and bracket and there are no links. thanks guys

<sorry> i meant the bar set that ties the front wheels together. mabye thats the tie rod but i thought they were the end links themselves. they have links on the wheel ends and the links are really susceptible to bending/breaking offroad. hell, i've seen them bend on stock jeeps.

xuv-this said:
<sorry> i meant the bar set that ties the front wheels together. mabye thats the tie rod but i thought they were the end links themselves. they have links on the wheel ends and the links are really susceptible to bending/breaking offroad. hell, i've seen them bend on stock jeeps.
Tie rod

Back