• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need bumpstop measurements

Red97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Somewhere I once saw a personal Jeep website (XJ) that had part numbers listed for Jeep part numbers for factory bumpstops that would be bigger than factory, but would still bolt to the frame in the back with the two bolts are. (so it hits axle tube)

Where is that site?

I need to ADD about 4" total to stock, I am thinking some 2x2 tubing, and a 2" longer (about 5" total) bumpstop.

I wanted Dirk at DPGoffroad.com but he is out, and I am hitting the dunes soon. Don't want tires hitting jeep!

Jason

Factory bumpstop heights and part numbers:

3" = 52002382
3-1/2" = 52002381
4" = 52002392
4-1/2" = 52002078

i added 3" with square tubing and it has been working fine so far

fwiw, i checked w/ the dealer a while back about those 4" stops and they wanted something
like $47 *each*...

needless to say i'm running some box tube extensions instead.
;)

Crown Automotive offers a couple of the bumpstops for a lot less than dealer price. Don't remember which ones, but I sort of think they have the 4" or 4-1/2" for less than the stock height. I know it doesn't make sense, but since when have prices for auto parts made sense?

I went a little overboard today. I called the local metal place, and on the phone said I wanted 3/16 2x4 tubing cut to 14". They charged me $12.

When I showed to get it I realized that 1/8 would have been more than enough, I just have indestructible bumpstop spacers.

I figure I will TRY and cut it with my cut-off wheel.

Back