• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Zacatal Rack

Rocketman

NAXJA Forum User
Who has the Zacatal Rack off eBay from the guy in Brownsville Texas??

Bought one today, hope it's as decent as it looks and the reviews/comments say. $200 seems like a good price.

ANYONE??

Guy that is in my shop got one and mounted it on a set of Yakimia Cross bar. Serves its purpose not the most heavy duty thing in the world but it has been holding his 37" BFG for a few months now with no apparent problems. Seems like it is worth the money compared to some of the other racks outhtere but if you want to use it as a "roof slider" I don't think it will hold up.

I've seen a few that think they are I know of a few on another board that want to build a roof rack that can also double as a roof slider. I think it would have to be to beefy. Guess you could just build an exo-cage.

hey rocketman, i bought one a while back, for my 2000 which has the shorter stock roof rack. when i bought it zakatal only made it for xjs with the older full roof racks. so when i got mine the sizing was all wrong and i had to go in and fab up some stuff myself...which ended up really shoring it up strenght wise and giving it more rigidity. it worked well on the stock racks with only the 31in bfg AT spare up there but when i added my hi lift, it got all off balanced and made this obnoxious squeek. i have since picked up some knock-off guttermounts crossbars and with the guttermounts providing stiff side to side strength and the factory roof racks forcing up under load it works pretty well...all in all a good base sytem to work off of, just be prepared to make some adjustments to suit your style of drive and needs...HTH
Maier
if you would like my digital should be fixed soon. pm me your email or if you want i will post up on here and show you my fab job...

I just bought one. I didn't like the idea of mounting it to the factory roof rack as it is apparently only rated at 150lbs, so I asked him to fab me a rain gutter mount for it. He made the gutter mount, and only charged my like 20 extra bucks. I am currently in Iraq and he worked really hard at getting me what I wanted. I have some other dudes in my unit with XJ's and I told him that they may be in contact with him in order to get a rack, he said just to give them his email. If you pm me with your email, I'll give you his email and forward you some pics and testimonials of another dude who has one for his '99.

Back