• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What length shocks should I get!

wilson0309

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 4.5 Rubicon Express SuperFlex Kit. It came with some shocks for that height. Well when I installed my lift my rear leafs were shot. So I picked up a set of 3" re-arched springs for $50 bucks. I put my add-a-leaf in there also and so it set my butt of my xj up in the air. I added 2 inch pucks and now I it level. Well since the pucks I need longer shocks. I was looking at the Rancho RS9000 but not sure what length I need to get full flew outta the jeep. Can anyone help me with this.

Front = 4.5" kit + 2" Pucks = 6.5" lift
Rear = 3" + AAL = 7" Lift
I want the jeep to reach its full potential on the trail! I have thought about making some blocks for the front but they would be to long and unstable I feel for shocks.

Take your shocks off and go find someplace to flex it up. Measure your compressed and extended lengths and then start going through the shock length charts.

Make sure you don't tear your break lines off or drop a coil out though :)

Sean

Back