• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tires?

94XJManny

NAXJA Forum User
Hi All,
I tried the search feature, but didn't find anything.
I have a 94 XJ Country and am going to get the RE3.5" lift and tires. Problem is that budget only allows for tires right now. Tires first because I have to keep the truck on the road (old tires are shot).

I know how big I can go with the lift, but what's the biggest I can go w/o the lift right now?? It's all OE right now.

Will a 235/75-15 fit? Bigger??

I don't mind a little rubbing as this is a temporary set up.

thx
Manny
:anon:

I also found this:

"I think Ed Stevens' web site has a write-up on tires & wheels that concludes you can actually run 31s on a stock XJ (old style)."
Is a '94 considerd the "old" body style?

Sorry, I'm new to this.
Manny

30" tires fit without lift, 31s with some rubbing. Go 30s and stay on the pavement and you'll be fine.

If the 31's rub, where do they make contact? The fender inside/outside? Is it only during sharp turns and heavy flex off road?

If the 31's don't rub during most "noraml" driving, I might just deal with those till I get the lift.

I ran a set of BFG MT's 30x9.5r15 on the stock set up for a few months when I first got my XJ. Just don't go crazy offroad and everything will be fine.

Back