• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB Bullbar and C-ROK steering brace?

jxj said:
C-rok recommends hammering both mounts to fit the plate. The mounts are short and if you widen them you won't be able to bolt them in to the bottom of the rail/frame. You could try this: http://home.comcast.net/~xjmatt/steering/steering.htm

Do you have an ARB and C-ROK setup on your XJ? How do you know it won't bolt to the bottom or are you just guessing? The bottom has sloted holes which wide enough to accommodate slight variations in frame sizes.

I have that exact setup. It will work no problem. The ARB comes with shims to help center the bumper left to right. Just leave the shims out on the driver's side and use the C-ROK brace as the shim. If you have any problems, PM me and I can help.

Brad

Here is a pic, hopefully...

DSC02020.jpg

Last edited:
bump,

I might be getting an ARB bullbar and I also have the C-ROK plates and was wondering does the bumper only mount to 3 or 4 holes on each side? (like above?)

ZachMan said:
bump,

I might be getting an ARB bullbar and I also have the C-ROK plates and was wondering does the bumper only mount to 3 or 4 holes on each side? (like above?)

Wow... back from the dead... The ARB replaces the stock mounts with beefier ones but still uses the stock mounting which is 5 bolts per side. You can see part of the bottom bolt in the picture inside the bracket.

and BTW due to me moving my writeup listed above is being moved here: www.adventuretimmy.com/jeep/steering/steering.htm

Last edited:
That doesn't see mlike that a real strong mount then. I know my C-Rok paltes will help, but the pass side is a weak link.

xjmatt said:
I agree. Hence why I did what I did...

Yeah guess I'll pass on the ARB.

Back