• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adjustable Steering Stabilizer?

NHextremeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone manufacture an adjustable dampening steering stabilizer?

Personally I wouldn't use a shock as a steering damper. A shock is setup with different amounts of damping on compression and extension. A steering damper has the same amount of damping for both. Unless you ran two shocks and mounted them opposite each other. But I would think that would be overkill.

Sorry can't help you out more.

kunaji said:
Personally I wouldn't use a shock as a steering damper. A shock is setup with different amounts of damping on compression and extension. A steering damper has the same amount of damping for both. Unless you ran two shocks and mounted them opposite each other. But I would think that would be overkill.

I agree 'overkill' but it IS a good idea. I never thought of that.
Do the manufacturers valve the steering stabilizers differently for each vehicle?

kunaji said:

Good point I did not think of that. Well I tried JOE>

Back