• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stroker build ?

HOOP

NAXJA Forum User
just bought wrecked 89 2 dr tonite for extra t/c,tranny ,rear ends etc.in the process of redoing my dd right now planning on building stroker for it this winter,wrecked 89 has 4.0 also i know this is not a h.o,? is should i use it for my build or keep looking for a h.o,yes my dd has the h.o,but i'm wanting to have it built and just make the weekend swap.

thanks
HOOP

P.S
d.d has chry 8.25,89 has dana should i swap rear ends

I Suppose we could start something new out here. (The Colo4x4 guys are familiar with it)
rolleye.gif

Yes Accurate Power Jeep has indeed gone under as have Jakes Racing Engines leaving Hesco, Speedomotive, and Strokerkits.com as the only guys supplying Jeep stroker kits.
You're better off scouring e-bay for an AMC 258 crank & rods and buying all the other parts individually. I did it with great success:

http://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/stroker.html

I know it's a HO-based stroker but you can do the same for a Renix stroker.

Also, plenty of places make custom pistons if you want to do a long rod stroker.

I like the Renox stroker because of the extreme mapping of the Renix system. A Renix stroker with a late model or Hesco head would be excellent.

With a stroker, do you need to do any lower block machining? I'm remotely kicking this idea around for my Eagle vs going with an AMC 304 or 360, less accessory adaptation. I am wondering other than the normal rebuild machine work, what do I have to do?

Back