• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hockey puck spacers????

aduke

NAXJA Forum User
has any body stuck two of them above there coils. some kids at my school counter sunk bolt into two to keep them together on there stupid little yoda's. how would this work on a jeep?

aduke said:
has any body stuck two of them above there coils. some kids at my school counter sunk bolt into two to keep them together on there stupid little yoda's. how would this work on a jeep?
easiest thing to do is to scrach up the coil pad with something, put some black rtv on it and then scratch up the puck and push it in between the coil coils and drop it in. Push it down a bit but don't push down too hard so that you don't squeeeeze all the rtv out the sides. Let it sit for a while to cure... and you're good to go.

i think he's asking about using them as coil spacers, not bumpstops.

not a good idea (if you could even make it work)...and real coil spacers aren't expensive anyway.

Pat

I tried all sort of goops to stick my hockey pucks together to the coil pad, but they always seemed to bust loose from the pad.

I just wound up drilling and tapping the coil pad, then drilling the hockey pucks and bolting them down....

Ivan

For bump stops, I used liquid nails and instead of a hockey puck, I cut a 3 1/4 circle out a 2x4 and glued that place. They are 1 1/2 years old now and still doing good.

I do also agree that this question is about spring spacers, and not bump stops.

For spring spacers, it's not worth the risk, buy some, they are cheap.

Daryl

aduke said:
yaya i know spacers are cheap, but hockey pucks are even cheraper. has anyone seriously done this and its worked good?
Ivan said:
I just wound up drilling and tapping the coil pad, then drilling the hockey pucks and bolting them down....

I don't know how much better it can be, than BOLTING the pucks down... seriously.... :rolleyes:

I think he's asking about using the hockey pucks to give him some lift in the front, unless I'm way off base. I've heard of the hockey puck trick for trucks, but they use them for a body lift, not a suspension lift. From what I've seen from hockey pucks, they would fit inside of the spring, making them ideal for bumpstop extensions, but not so ideal for a spring spacer.

somebody post up a pic of how the shat this works. im as frustrated as a legless ethiopian watching a donut rolling down a hill

olivedrabcj7 said:
somebody post up a pic of how the shat this works. im as frustrated as a legless ethiopian watching a donut rolling down a hill
I dont care who you are thats funny right there.

olivedrabcj7 said:
emerald2037dt.jpg

Back