• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power window lock?

JMH

NAXJA Forum User
i've searched the forum on this and found lots of diff post but nothing really saying as which wires to jump or remove to by pass this switch.. I have the wireing diagrams but i'm not sure what i'm looking at really as it is confuseing.. Anyone know which wires you would remove or tie togher to put this power window lock switch in the unlock postion? any help would be great... It's a 93 jeep country 4 door, power everything... traceing the wires now the best i can.. the drivers rear works but the everthing for the windows on the pass. side doesn't work but from the drivers side.. and the front pass. door lock works but not the rear ...

try this. pull the capret from the drivers side fornt. You are going to look for a one too two way splitter, essentially a Y. Honestly I don't recall the color but I will shortly bc it broke again. Anyhow, what happens is the moisture hits the joint and corrodes it. Just look under there and gently wiggle.. I think it's close to the brake pedal if you have an auto. I will post up again in the next few days when I fix it again

I have an '01 and am having the same type of problem. Only the drivers window works, the other switches do not, and the three that do not, stopped working at the same time. Im going to look into it tomorrow and will post back here with what I did or found.

Back again. I took off the door panels and the kick panels to start my search, and low and behold, a connector behind the drivers side kick panel had pulled apart. Guess I got off lucky this time. I still have problems with the window lock out switch, so I am still going to modify that wiring as mentioned in the 'link' going around. Dont need that switch anyway.

Back