• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bolt question

ANDYDILL said:
ok so ive taken the easy road on my leafs i cut off the bolts :) can anybody tell me the description of the replacement bolts i need to buy for my rear leafs
I know they are 14mm but I don't remember the thread pitch.

The front bolt goes into a weld nut so you have no choice -- you have to use the correct bolt. In a pinch, you can use a 9/16 bolt for the rear eye (at the shackle). Grease it well or lube it with anti-sieze and it'll go right in.

14mm is 0.5512" diameter. 9/16 is 0.5625.

U-bolts? Depends on the axle.
D35 - 2.62" axletube
D44 - 2.75" axletube
C8.25" - 3.00" axletube

Make sure they're long enough to go around the axletube and through the springplate. I haven't measured it, but for some reason 7" sticks out in my head. Measure first; you can always cut them shorter.

what bolts?
U-bolts? Rusty's off road..
Center bolts? Rusty's off road
front or rear bolts?. Chrysler/Jeep Dealer.. the bolts for the rear leafs (front/rear) and front lower control arm bolts (front/ Rear) and nuts are all the same... from the dealer, its quality stuff.. rediculous thread lock stuff on them, but good stuff..

Back