• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

orderd 2inch blocks.. should i order a kidney belt to?

Silverstreak01

NAXJA Forum User
well i bit the bullet. i orderd a new rustys 4.5 coils and 2inch blocks for the back. with my 3inch saged skyjacker packs and 1.5 shackels i should sit pretty level? i was in a bind wiht ordering 33s i need some room. will i be able to get away with the blocks for a bit before i get a new pack. or does it have bad news all over it?

well, 2" blocks, 1.5" shackle and a sagged out 3" add a leaf will have the ass end about .5" higher than the front with new 4.5" coils. the blocks arent going to hurt your add a leafs much more if theyve already sagged out. however if the add a leafs are relatively new, then the rear will be too tall, and the blocks are going to prematurely sag those leafs.

Silver...can I ask what other mods you have done or are going to do for the 4.5's in front?

the blocks wont make the ride worse...

they will just give your springs a nice pretty "S" curve

sure you can. ranger its the full 3inch pack but that warn bumper and class are kicking my butt. or dragging it for that matter

i did nothing. i am going to use lower control arms from the 3inch kit. im going to do things as they come..trackbar.. brake line... see how it works . then go from there. im really up in the air on an la kit or a complete 6.5 regular kit. so im waiting till i see what i think.

iwith the new 33s on the way i dont have the $ to do it all right now. i dont drive this thing far so i can take my time

Since your springs are sagged already the blocks shouldn't be any worse on them really. I had a scary experience with mine one day when I had to stop hard, causing the brakes to lock, the center pins actually broke which I was told happened because the blocks were in.

Silverstreak01 said:
sure you can. ranger its the full 3inch pack but that warn bumper and class are kicking my butt. or dragging it for that matter

i did nothing. i am going to use lower control arms from the 3inch kit. im going to do things as they come..trackbar.. brake line... see how it works . then go from there. im really up in the air on an la kit or a complete 6.5 regular kit. so im waiting till i see what i think.

iwith the new 33s on the way i dont have the $ to do it all right now. i dont drive this thing far so i can take my time

do the UCA's (adjustable) when you do the front end...

or you will end up needing a new front driveshaft after blowing it up from the crazy not right angle...

Silverstreak01 said:
or does it have bad news all over it?

Eagle said:

X2

Wheel hop/axle wrap will be increased greatly by the blocks.

My .02 is new spring packs as soon as possible.

Daryl

thanks ! thats what i thought but it was 50bucks vs. 300. Im just going to run them probably till next month. i wont be wheeling it hard at all. because i really need to do my brake lines and some other things..
I really want to do ACOS up front and a 6 inch pack in the back. so i can do a nice LA kit conversion. OR drop brackets... thats why I am holding off .
along with an HD trackbar and mount and bumpstops,
il keep you guys posted.

keith

Back