• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

K&N FiPk or Rusty's air tube with K&n filter?

IMHO the only difference is the tube, if you want a cleaner look and don't mind forking out the 100 bucks for the cleaner look then go with K&N FIPK if you don't car get something off ebay for 20 something bucks and throw on a K&N filter. Same power gains either way.

The heatsheild makes all the difference in the world dont leave home without it unless you live in the arctic circle...
themud

AFE Intake has a better heat shield, ABS tube (better insulation), bigger Cone, longer tube for more air velocity and fit like a glove to my 95 XJ 4.0L and you can feel the power gain.

Panama XJ said:
AFE Intake has a better heat shield, ABS tube (better insulation), bigger Cone, longer tube for more air velocity and fit like a glove to my 95 XJ 4.0L and you can feel the power gain.

my first incarnation of my home-fab FIPK was ABS tube... and that melted...

i wouldnt buy a heat sheild made of that...

I had mine for a Year and is as new. I don't know what kind of ABS you used.And the heat shield is made of steel, I attached a thermotec sheet do the outside of it for better insulation.

Back