• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My RE kit ain't good...

chucknewell

NAXJA Forum User
I put three signs in my XJ so someone else won't get stuck with a kit like I ended up with. RE either sent me the wrong springs or their engineers just think a vehicle shouldn,t sit level. I bought the SuperRide kit - yea right. I had a 1-ton cab and chassis that rode smoother. AAAGGGHH! :mad:
jeep.jpg
sign.jpg

When did you put it on? Give it some time to settle, speedy.

this is a horrible post. just because you installed something and it came out wrong (which the picture doesnt show) is not necessarily and engineering problem. There are alot of happy RE owners.. and lift kits are not made to ride like a cadilac.. they're stiff.. especially when new.

um...

yeah...

some things to help you out -
check the swaybar disco's - are they the right length?
did you get a new shackle?
whats wrong with the rear end sitting a little high?
did you get a slip yoke eliminator and a new driveshaft?

i like RE products - their sales staff can blow it out their respective asses, but YMMV

chucknewell said:
I put three signs in my XJ so someone else won't get stuck with a kit like I ended up with. RE either sent me the wrong springs or their engineers just think a vehicle shouldn,t sit level. I bought the SuperRide kit - yea right. I had a 1-ton cab and chassis that rode smoother. AAAGGGHH! :mad:
jeep.jpg
sign.jpg

Did you call and talk to RE? What was your specific complaint that you presented them with and what was their answer?
If the picture shows the end result of the install then it looks about right. The rear will settle with time.
Comfort of a ride? If you want comfort, you should be driving a lifted jeep with aftermarket parts :D
Anyways, I think that RE lifts are really good for the money, well engineered and pretty reliable.

well if you're so unpleased with it, you should give it to me then ;) :laugh3:

did you make sure to wait to torque everything down until after it was on the ground to prevent stuff from binding up on you?

Call RE and complain to them before you go about bashing them in a well known community. I doubt you will get any sympathizers by coming on here and posting crap like this with out any visible facts and/or proof to back it up.

Edit: In the picture, the jeep looks to sit just about right. Springs will settle down a little after time.

I live my RE lift! I never expected a jeep with 32s to ride smooth anyway.

Unfortuantly RE engineers know that leaf springs can settle so you get more then you pay for. That's terrible.

I bought the RE 5.5" lift and got 7" up front and 8" of lift in the rear. Damn am I pissed :dunce:

--Matt

mine sits like that too, just about 3" higher. and you dont hear me bitchin now do you. step up. rake the sand out yer vadge, and learn to like it. afterall...its a jeep. if you wanted a nice ride, the caddy dealership is up the road. stiffen up that upper lip slugger. youre acting like a female.

I like my RE superflex kit. leaf springs are a little stiff at first, but will soften over time. they are stiff to compensate for larger, heavier tires, and to provide the advertised amount of lift for a long period of time. look at it this way, your butt may not catch as much dropping off an obstacle, less bang and scratch should leave you smiling

If you were concerned about ride quality, you made sure to get the replacement springs rather than the AALs right? AALs ride like crap no matter who makes them.

What size tires are those, if they are 30's or smaller, just swap the RE kit for a budget boost, then it will ride like stock.

What other lift kits have you put on, what do you have to reference from? From what I've seen, RE is some of the best stuff out there. If you really want it to ride like crap and see poor engineering, put a pro-comp lift on it.

honestly though guys....ive had lifts ranging from 3" to 7" from skyjacker, superlift, rustys, RE, and Rough Country. so far theyve all ridden noticably stiffer than stock. i think most of the jarring ride comes from the shatty shocks that come with most kits. i bet if he replaced his shocks with some old man emu or adjustable rancho 9000's it would be a little smoother. but no lift kit will ride like stock. i dont care what anybody says.

olivedrabcj7 said:
rake the sand out yer vadge, and learn to like it. afterall...its a jeep. if you wanted a nice ride, the caddy dealership is up the road. stiffen up that upper lip slugger. youre acting like a female.

true story

FWIW, mine (like everyone else's) sat the same way.. i added a 3/4" spacer up front until it settles a little. Mine now sits like your's does in the pic. I wouldn't sweat it... it'll level out.

this thread is pretty silly but i can't quit laughing about this... thanks Matt, you're a piece of work. :D

olivedrabcj7 said:
...rake the sand out yer vadge... youre acting like a female.

Jeepin Jason said:
:rattle:

whew! Thanks for the good laugh. This thread is halarious!

where's his driver's seat?

He put it in the FULL recline position so he can be a PLAYA...

BTW "my RE kit ain't good"...Neither is your grammar.

Back