• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 XJ doorless?

atomno1

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking at making my 98 doorless. I know that there are alot of threads about this but I could not find one that helped on the newer XJs. Has anyone done this on a newer XJ, how can you make taking them off and putting them back on painless. i know on the older ones you can just use 1/4 in pins. Any help would be great.

here is a pic of mine its a '97.....the procedure is basically the same. I also removed the rear door :)

doorless1.jpg

doorless3.jpg

it probably takes about 15 minutes or less to remove all the doors. I made all the wires in the doors quick disconnect.

olympicgold said:
here is a pic of mine its a '97.....the procedure is basically the same. I also removed the rear door :)

it probably takes about 15 minutes or less to remove all the doors. I made all the wires in the doors quick disconnect.

More info on whatever that is that's sticking out of your hood, please! :)

NotMatt said:
More info on whatever that is that's sticking out of your hood, please! :)

(*no hijack intended*)the large aluminum object in the middle is a water/air intercooler and the buldge on the driver side is a t3/t4 turbo

Uh......

HOLY

FREAKING

SH!T!!!

Yeeeeah, you have a supercharger AAAANNNNNDDDD a turbocharger sticking out of your engine bay. To hell with the doors, I think you need to start a little thread of your own on how the hell you managed that, how it works, what kinda power it makes, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. !!!!! Good God Man!!

EDIT... oops, nevermind, thought that IC was a SC. Still, though, you need to start a thread about that!

Back