• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'Velocity' Performance Modules? Do they work?

Smells like bullshit to me.

That Website said:
[size=+1][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Side-By-Side Comparison of Popular Performance Modifications[/font] [/size]
Modification
Est. Hp Gain
Retail Price
Cost Per HP
Underdrive Pulley
8 HP​
$125​
$15.63​
AEM Cold Air Intake
8 HP​
$200​
$25.00​
JET V-Force
10 HP​
$270​
$27.00​
Single Ceramic Header
5 HP​
$175​
$35.00​
Cat-Back Exhaust
10 HP​
$400​
$40.00​
Turbo/Supercharger
100 HP​
$2000​
$20.00​
Velocity Performance Module
20 HP
$29.99
$1.5

Now what I'm wondering is what about the cost per pound comparasion?

It probably just is hacked into the circuit for the manifold air temp or coolant temp, and increases the resistance so the ECU thinks it should increase fuel flow. Or it might be modifying the manifold air pressure signal to fool the ECU. Check the web, there are all kinds of homemade hacks out there that do the same thing.

Fred

You won't get 20 HP, of that I'm sure. I wouldn't bother unless I had already improved the intake and exhaust. Having more gas to burn won't help much unless the engine can breath better than stock. It's only $30, I've wasted a hell of a lot more money than that over the 13 years I've owned my XJ. :laugh3:

Fred

Hmmm, Riverside, Ca. eh? I wonder how willing ol' Alex would be to have a customer pick one up in person? :gag:

Haha, come on guys, this is laughable. Read the BS on the cover page. Plus, there is no way it adjusts shift points. Save some money and some face and delete the link from your computer.

Back