• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33's w/ 3in of lift?

xjkid99

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, heres my dilemma. I have a 99' XJ Sport with three inches of lift currently. Right now I am riding on 31x10.50x15 with 4.5 inches of backspacing on my rim. I am in desperate need of new tires and was planning on jumping up to a 4-5.5 in lift and running 33's. Is it possible to put 33's on with my current suspension if i keep my Jeep on the road untill i can afford the new lift. I am not object to light trimming which I will probably do anyways once I put in the new lift. Any opinions appreciated.

no there is no way to fit the 33's on a newer body style without some good trimming. If you knock off the fenders and trim an inch or so all around you may be good, but without the trim, every bump you hit will turn out pretty bad with the rubbing. At least put in a spacer and a shackle for the time being to give a little more lift. At an even 3 it is just not enough.

Yes it can be done. Yes you will need to trim.

My '95 with 3" of lift is sitting on 33 x 10.50 BFG MT's

*Hardcore Driveway Flex Pic*

92927635.jpg

he said the "newer body" 97+
baseballneal86 said:

92927635.jpg

i will be doing this next week ! 2 things 1: disco thoes swaybars... and see how well the fit ~!
2: im going to extend bumpstops. 2 inch spacers iin front (or 4.5 springs) 100bucks rustys and like a 1.5 block ithe back. till i get some $ saved for new rear pack.
Are you running the stock control arms with that 3inch lift?

baseballneal86 said:

92927635.jpg

do you have any back spacing and how much trim did you cut I also have a 95

Thanks
ZZzz

To be more specific with my lift I have rustys 3" coils up front with with stock LCA's. In the rear I have the stock leaf pack with an add-a-leaf and a small block(BDS kit) also I have no corner caps on my stock front bumper and no rear sway bar if that matters.

I'm running 33 X 10.50 tsl radials on a 5-6 year old three inch skyjacker lift. I folded the rear fender lip and trimmed the front. I just went flareless.

98 model. I'm working on getting some pics in internet land, but am not having much luck.

with stock control arms you will need to cut a metal from behind the front tires or you will rub VERY badly when you turn.
I have 32s on a 91 with 3.5" of lift and stock arms and I had to take over an inch of metal from behind the tire.

xj95, I'm running stock Jeep 15x7 rims with 5.25" of backspacing.

As far as trimming goes, I cut right along the fender line in the front. In the rear I cut up to the spot welds and folded the fender over.

well i just orderd some rustys 4.5 springs and 2inch blocks ( yea i know bad bad) for the back . i will have my 33s and this these on by next weekend with pics. I need a 4.5 spring pack so il be good with my 1.5 shackels but i just droped 700bucks on tires plust about 200 for blocks and new coils so leave me alone about it .. hahaha

I still like the way that the guy from oly 4 wheelers club does it. and, w/o the infamous "death wobble"

f-150 or zj V8 coils and either an s-10 or dodge rear leafpack, he build the leaves himself to make a cool 3.5 inch lift.

and he resets the front axle so the steering knuckles can do their job correctly.

Back