• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

10 sec idle

Ludakris

NAXJA Forum User
ok, i searched but couldnt find it.. I know i have read about this before.
my rig has been sitting for about a month and a half.. I was working on the front suspension, and I installed a radio (didnt have one). I finished up and fired it up... the engine runs for about 10-20 sec and shuts off. No sputter or stumble, just dies. I am assuming this is electrical, but what? ignition switch? TPS? IAC? bad ground?

There is a ceramic resistor mounted to the drivers side inner fender area by the airbox. when the jeep comes off high idle, the computer routes power through this block to slow down the fuel pump, if the wires are disconnected, or if the block is damaged it will do exactly what you stated.

Josh

ah crap... I think you just hit the nail on the head.... i had taken my airbox out when I removed the front shocks.. I think I disconnected it so that I wouldnt break the connectors off..again...

Back