• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Air Bags

REDXJ4FUN

NAXJA Forum User
Ok here it goes Its seems all of the hard core XJs Wheel with all have the sam problem, we keep wearing out the pasenger rear leafs. I know from driving mine with no sway bars and a mini spool when on the gas the basic movment of the jeep is to lift the driverside front and squat the pasenger side rear. Basicaly its the same thign you see at a drag strip so I'm thinking about putting a air bag in the pasenger rear to help plant the power a little better and save the springs a little I know i have to adress some spring wrap as well but what do ya think.

I haven't tried one yet I have one drawn out but my time is in very short supply right now so i'm trying to work out all the ideas in my very bussy head. I do plan on building one but would it stop the wieght tranfer by stoping spring wrap. If not I would think that any traction bar that would stop this would also limit flex and as it is my back end needs some help to balance out the front(and the other way around as well. If i had some turly adjustable shocks i could dial in the compresion and rebound to help this bt lets face it That ait going to happen and what ever adustments i'd make there would mess up everyother situation.

We'll see.

I have coils in the rear of mine and I just stuck some of those cheapy bags inside of the coils. Haven't got to go wheeling yet though.

Mall wheeling though seems to have less loading on the passenger side rear. The one major drawback I've found so far is you almost should have adjustable shocks also. Over 1/2 inflation makes for a bouncy ride.

I'm curious to see how different pressure's effect the travel.

Later,
Lincoln

Back