• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New trac bar problems

Nik

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 88 xj with 8 inch coils and 1.75 inch spacers in the front. We set a 44 to exact dimensions and brackets as the stock 30 had. We modified the 44 as we went and are completely done until it came to the trac bar. The trac bar originally bolted into the bracket on the axle that is below te steering stabilizer bracket. The trac bar is a rubicon adjustable and the damn thing wont reach the original upper mount on the frame. Do I need to make a new upper drop bracket for the trac bar. I figured i would have to do that anyway, but what about the lower bracket? The trac bar just seems way to short. I saw John's jeep from bigoffroad.com and got his pics. It looks as if he has the trac bar mounted to where the steering stabilizer use to be. Any help would be appreciated. I dont care about the steering stabilizer bracket since we switched the steering to rusty's conversion w/4" drop pitman arm. If you have any pictures on how to do a front trac bar setup w 10 inchs plus please post them. I kinda got to see it to understand it.

Thanks a bunch

Nik:confused:

I believe your most important goal is to have the angle of your drag link and the angle of your track bar the same. Disregaurd any bend in the bars you need to use a strait piece of steel and a degree finder and match the angles from point A to point B. Then make sure where ever you mount the track bar is super strong. I run about 10" of lift on my 97 and currently have my trac bar where my stabilizer goes, but I am in the process of putting it back in it's original location. The location it is in now is to week and has alot of flex. If you find your angles are correct the way you are currently set up. Your easiest option is to just cut and sleeve your trac bar to make it the length you need. Sorry I don't have any pic's, but I hope this is of some help.

Back