• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory Gears

GudaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
My 85 Xj has 4.10 gears from the factory but i was wondering what my 98 has? Its a 4.0 ,5 speed,4x4, and 8.25 rear. Im trying to figure it out cause im trying to order new speedo gear since i got 32"s

GudaXJ said:
My 85 Xj has 4.10 gears from the factory but i was wondering what my 98 has? Its a 4.0 ,5 speed,4x4, and 8.25 rear. Im trying to figure it out cause im trying to order new speedo gear since i got 32"s

Yeah...you got 3.07's. I have swapped out my 3.07's for 3.54's with my 5spd. Going to 4.10's in a couple of months I hope.

Congrats. With 32's your 5th gear will be useless....I BARELY use mine now.

Kejtar said:
It's not useless... you just gotta breach the sound barrier till you can shift into it :D

NO NO NO...Im pretty sure you need to hit about warp factor 6. But things would start shaking off at that point :D

red91inWA said:
NO NO NO...Im pretty sure you need to hit about warp factor 6. But things would start shaking off at that point :D
I thought that with Scottie taking care of engines the vehicle should hold at warp 6 :D

red91inWA said:

No no no, definitely ludicrous speed. I used to have 31's with the 5-speed and stock 3.07 gears and the only time I got to use overdrive was when I went to plaid. This was going down to Tellico on I-81 several years ago, and my wheeling buddy was like, "Stop this crazy thing!" Here, I've got a pic:

Spaceballs3.jpg

Lawn Cher' said:
No no no, definitely ludicrous speed. I used to have 31's with the 5-speed and stock 3.07 gears and the only time I got to use overdrive was when I went to plaid. This was going down to Tellico on I-81 several years ago, and my wheeling buddy was like, "Stop this crazy thing!" Here, I've got a pic:

Spaceballs3.jpg

You need to "polish" your Helmut.

Back