• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

**Gears for Ford 9 Inch**

trekfuel80

NAXJA Forum User
I just got a 9 inch, and wonder what yall recommend for the gearing, it didnt come with gears, thats why im asking, and what front axle would match it nicely(besides a front 9inch)?

trekfuel80 said:
sweet thx man, could i fit 5.13's in both of them? or would you recommend sticking with 4.88's?
And that would be for what size of a tire?? What engine? What transmission? What Tcase? If you got 4:1 and a transmission witha deep 1st gear, you won't have to (need to?) got with as deep of a gearing on the axles.
Anyways, what I'm getting it is that you've left too much to even take a guess (the 9inch suggests that it's not a stock vehicle so the drivetrain is unknown plus the tire size is unknown)

Kejtar said:
And that would be for what size of a tire?? What engine? What transmission? What Tcase? If you got 4:1 and a transmission witha deep 1st gear, you won't have to (need to?) got with as deep of a gearing on the axles.
Anyways, what I'm getting it is that you've left too much to even take a guess (the 9inch suggests that it's not a stock vehicle so the drivetrain is unknown plus the tire size is unknown)

yup yup

i will be at 5.13's in the d44 ford 9" by the end of summer with 33's and stock driveline (performance wise)

You can get almost any gear ratio for a 9". Closest to 5.38 I've see is 5.43 though, not sure if that would be considered close enough or not.

I'm doing 5.13's in my 9", what my new to me front 44 already has.

I'm shooting for 36's, and will have a tripple digit crawl ratio. No illusions about finishing by the end of summer, though.

hey guys,

im planning on 36 inch tires, gonna stick with my AW4, and the trail i plan on doing are basically anything, im gonna have it carted to moab, for a summer, and with in the next 2 years plan on moving that direction. but right now it gets about 7,000 miles a year, and the trails here are nice and rocky.

Back