• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is it locked?

J98cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I was looking into getting a powertrax noslip for my rear axle (8.25 29 spline).I only really plan on running 32s for a while but when i started reading about steering problems in slippery conditions for a rear locker i was thinking about putting it in the front (dana 30). Can a dana 30 handle being locked with 32s? And does the front lock and unlock even when im still in 2WD or does it only engage in 4WD? I plan on doing some mountain driving so im expecting alittle snow here and there.

I have front and rear No-Slips and 33s, and don't have any steering issues in slippery conditions. It may feel weird at first, but you quickly get used to it.

The front No-Slip will be locked only in 4WD. But in 2WD, you may experience some clicking and clunking when turning. Again, you will get used to it.

i also run no-slips front and rear and 32" swampers, and 31" at's for the street. mud tires are more forgiving on the street, street tires chirp more etc. once you get the lockers broke in they will be quiet. all lockers are noticable in the snow to some degree, worse with two lockers, i think. i did recently switch over to after market axle shafts, but with a light right foot axle should be ok for the most part.

I run ARB's front and rear with 32's. No problem. Just throw the lockers in as you need them. I know, it costs a lot of money for ARB's but remember you get what you pay for.

i just put an aussie in a tj of my friends this past weekend.. in 2wd it will click but is barely noticeable " turn off the radio.. drive slow.. and take a sharp turn with your head out the window" thats how quiet it is.. offroad.. it clicks some, and is a great improvement

Back