• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Build HP44 or Do a Super 30 kit

lickdj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys ok heres the info.
Im coming up on upgrading my axles over the next few months. I feel when i do an upgrade that it should be suitable for my distant future plans.

I plan on running 4.56 Gear and ARB Lockers
I plan on sticking to my 33" tires , the max i see myself going is 35"s
I do a variety of wheeling , I live in bc canada , do the odd mud bogging , trails are a mix of the odd rock climbs and hills and ruts etc. Id like to be able to go to moab or rubicon and not have to worry about weak axles.

So the biggest question is do I upgrade my dana 30 with the superior 30 kit and possibly a few other mods to make it stronger (<-insert suggestions)
Or do I build a High Pinion 44 from a ford to accept waggy 44 axle shaft. This would be a long term project that could stretch as long as a year (which im not to fond of)

For the rear I plan on running a Ford 8.8. Unless I find an already built axle for a good price.

Whatever I do I will run selectable lockers , wether it be e-locker , arb or ox

Currently I have the Full Traction 6" lift with long arms and I run 33x12.5 Mickey T Baja Claws. Any input you guys add would be greatly appreciated to helping me go the next step on upgrading my xj.

You could go either way and make it work. So which way you go is really up to you, your time, money, etc., etc. just weigh the prons and cons of each axle and it's upgrades.

Sounds like you're leaning toward the Super 30, if you're not going over 35's that should work just fine. The advantage of the RS D44 would be true high-steer, stronger housing and tubes, better outers, bigger brakes.

I'd suggest doing a search on this subject, this has been discussed many times. You'll find a load of great info to look through.

Back