• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

teraflex long lcas

hulk

NAXJA Forum User
hey, guys please clue me in, on the adjustable long arm measurements for a 5.5 lift from rubicon.Im running 31s. actually i have both adjustable uppers and lowers. What have you found to be the best combination of measurements to appease the pinion & wobble gods.Thank you for your help.

hey yucca man, thanks for the prompt reply. i guess i should have let everyone know, im not using drop brackets. Im using the actual tera long arm design, which mounts near the t-case. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR EXPERTISE.

I'm still trying to refine mine, If I adjust out too far, the Currie steering hits the axle when I turn. Mine is at 6" and Teraflex gave me some pre-production prototype upper arms because the 4" Tera uppers were too short for 6". Now it's much better than it used to be.
I have been trying to find that magical point where the caster is tolerable but the pinion angle won't cause a vibration. As you can tell I don't want to spend the money to have my dana 30 knuckles cut and turned.
I have been adjusting and then driving to check for vibes. It's frustrating.

Dude, ya im at that same point. I HOPE SOME ONE OUT THERE CAN HELP US. i thought that getting those adjustable uppers & lowers with the long arms was the answer to all vib & wobble problems. I got them with the idea of eventually going higher. But what a real pain in the @ss. I hope someone has found the sweet spot. Or some sort of adjustable chart to go by. Man i spend alot of time on my back, and not in a good way.

Hey doodahman thanks for the reply, by the way i forgot to ask, what are the measurements that you are currently using now, for your ucas and LONG ARM lcas hopefully, the ones from terror flex THANK YOU.

Ok here's where I'm at currently.

Upper arms --- 15 3/4 in

Lower Long arms --- 32 5/8 in

It's still a little sketchy on the freeway, but there are no vibes from the front shaft when it's engaged. (I have a disconnect & a Posi Lok)

I still have to adjust the uppers in a little to get some caster back.

This is a picture of the axle with a perfect pinion angle.

JeepteraLA.jpg

The only problem is when the pinion angle is good, the caster angle is bad, unless you cut the knuckles off and turn them.

This is the only picture I have, I haven't taken one after I adjusted it, but you can see my point.

jeepclean2.jpg

Back