• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

t/c question?

GPRSDLYT

NAXJA Forum User
getting strait to the point.
a tj w/ about 3" of lift and 33x14.50. and used washers for the tc drop? something dosent sound good to me. but PLEASE make any comment you want!

I guess first of CAn you say rubbing wheel well with those tires and lift. The washers aren't the best idea but most TC drops are just spacers.

First comment is that this post belongs on the "Other Tech" forum because it doesn't deal with XJs and MJs.

What don't you like about washers?

Washers work great

I like maytag myself, but the frontload kenmore isn't any slouch...and ya can tatch a flat countertop to them to build them in

im not saying i have anything against washers, it just seems to me that they would be a temporary fix. not something that would hold up to well. a spacer is fine but wouldnt the washers start to shift, or possibly crack? assuming that they are not gd 8.

-sorry for wrong forum

-as for appliances, i sell parts for all makes and models. maytag is nice but dont know who is making them anymore. as for the kenmore, it depends on who sears contracted to make them at the time. 70% of km's are whirpool. ge, frigidaire, maytag had their hands in it as well. those are the majors, the others like kitchenaid are owned/mfg by whirpool. jenn-air=maytag. the list does go on for a while. any q's about appliances please ask.
:D

a new Maytag washer is a Magic Chef, Maycor is the parent company. Neptune excluded. appliance repair tech. same as GPRSDLYT said,any q's about appliances please ask.

as most times Woody mised the point and got the thread off subject.:D

Woody, he didn't say warshers, he said washers :rolleyes:

Personally, I don't like seeing washers in there when a hunk of flat stock is so dang cheap at any steel supply or scrap yard. It might cost you twice as much as the gr. 8 washers will cost ya. Also, now you have full contact along the frame rail when you smack that thing into rocks. You won't get the leverage of pushing on 4 cylinders with a bolt, you are pushing on an entire chunk of steel.

Sean

woody, see what i'm talking about started out a t/c lowering ? , now moved to Non-Tech (Off Topic) Forum. :laugh2:

but i think OneTonXJ is right.

Being from Boston...we say washaa

I'd also agree with One Ton... 2 pc of bar stock or at least 1x2 tube (what is presently on my XJ) for the TC drop.

I think an X member that fits up in there, allows some TC drop if you like, and doesn't kill your ground clearance. The downward tilt of the rear output also increases the upward tilt of the front output... YMMV on vibes

I think a higher clearance x member/skid, plus a Tom Woods SYE/shaft is the way to go.

Back